Thursday, October 29, 2015

Summerfest at BYU

June 14-20, 2015

I had a really amazing opportunity this year to be on the Summerfest faculty at BYU.  Summerfest is a week-long music camp for all instruments and voice.  The kids have private lessons, master classes, orchestra, choir, ensemble, and more.  It's an amazing opportunity to work on a lot of music and work with other teachers and directors. It's also a way to ultimately decide if a music major at BYU is a good fit for the student.  It's like EFY for music.  It's pretty amazing, and is a lot of practicing and work.  I was the "harp faculty" for it and I had five young harpists to work with.  It was such a great experience!
We had to fit all five harps in the studio (which is tight with just two). 
 I had to sit on the desk during this hour so that everyone could see me.
They did the greatest job! I'm so proud of them!

Meanwhile, Marilyn Hulme babysat Joanne the whole week, I was able to come back for a three hour break each day, but Marilyn and Abbie and Amy were complete lifesavers! And Joanne had a grand time swimming every day and playing with Jay Z!


No comments:

Post a Comment