Monday, February 10, 2014

Advent project

         So I have the best mom. In the world. No question! Here's the story.  Lucy and I saw the cutest advent calendar on pinterest that was way too expensive to actually buy.  But we thought we could maybe make it! So we skyped mom and asked if it was possible. She said yes. But of course she knew we couldn't do it by ourselves, so she came out and helped! Lance was gone for a week, so it was the perfect week for us all to go to Lucy's and work like mad! 

Mom was at the sewing machine literally the whole time. 


Lucy and I were doing the prep work for her to be able to sew. 
So we were cutting, pinning, ironing, and figuring things out. 


It took the WHOLE week to finish, but it turned out incredible! I don't know if you can tell, 
but there are all sorts of bags, stockings, envelopes, mittens, drums, and more with little numbers on them.  


And there we are! I think this is the first time that any of us got dressed that week!


Grandma with all her granddaughters! 
These were the only ones at the time. Within a few months to be joined by little Cora!! 



Mom had a way with Joanne! 


Thank you mom, for your help!!! Such a fun week!




1 comment:

  1. I love this post. You had some pictures I didn't have. I might have to get them from you some time. I love our advent! Mom really is the best, isn't she?! I do have a hard time thinking of that week without thinking of how much anxiety I was feeling. I apologize again for some of my outbursts. I was in a very unstable place and you certainly saw me at my worst. At least you now know when I say I'm not doing well...I'm not doing well. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete