Monday, March 24, 2014

Funny Interaction

I have a smart phone, and I only ever dictate my texts and emails, and my phone almost always gets exactly what I say.  Usually I check to make sure that it copied what I said, but sometimes I just hit "send".  This leads to some funny mistakes sometimes.  But this time was by far the best.

But it needs some back-story. Every week my dad sends out the "Linford-Clark Report" to the family, and there is always one gag in it.  The first person to get the gag gets a cash prize (a dollar and a cartoon in the mail) and it is fought for! At least it is on my end.  So when I see my email, I drop everything and search for the gag.

This is what happened this time.

Annie: i read it, but could not find the gag


Papa: Is your mother an African-American who is fond enough of soul food to grow her own okra? (he said that among the other food she was growing in her garden, she was growing okra - can't believe I missed that one!)

Annie: (remember - phone dictated) haha! Of course she isn't growing oh crap! Steven told me what she was growing, & I just thought she must have missed that! Of course duh.

I tried deleting it before it sent, once I saw what I wrote - but too late! I followed that quickly by....


Annie: so i just spoke that into my phone. that's what i get. of course she isn't growing OKRA! she told me what she was growing even. i just thought she forgot that or something! i deserve to not get that dollar! haha

Papa: TOO TOO FUNNY!  This weekend I was having a conversation with Elna about problem that could result from dictating to your smart-phones.  Your message is a perfect case in point!

Followed by so much laughing on my part. Oh man. Maybe I should always send it without looking - it's good for the soul, all this laughing!!

I think just for that - I still deserve the dollar

1 comment:

  1. Orva recently (when she heard about my dad dying) offered me a Budweiser (courtesy of Siri)!

    ReplyDelete