Friday, January 29, 2016

Roadtrip

December 23, 2015

           We decided to spend this Christmas in California with my parents.  We were careful about when we left due to weather - and we left at the perfect time.  We hit a few hours of bad roads and some snow, but they only slowed us down a bit.  We were so grateful that the weather was good enough to get there safely.

           My oh my, Fourteen hours in a car with a toddler and baby is long.  But I planned the trip to a "T".  I had a lot of DVDs I borrowed from Lance's sister Andrea - a fun treat that doesn't happen at home.  I also bought toys from the Dollar Tree and wrapped them - so Joanne could open a present when she  needed a boost. I had treats and games and high hopes that she would at least take a nap. We left at 4:00 am to ensure that Jody would go back to sleep.  Ha. Yeah, that didn't work.


That girl didn't sleep until 9 hours into the trip! 
It was a lot of work to keep her entertained and not whining.


Sweet Marian - on the other hand - was perfect. She slept almost the whole time.  I sat in the back for part of the time to keep her entertained, but she was definitely the easy one on this trip.


Lance drove the whole time.  He was a trooper.  
Needless to say, we were SO happy to finally make it to Fairfield!

1 comment: