Thursday, January 14, 2016

McLarens Visit!

December 22, 2015

          One of the reasons I love living in Utah is that it's a hub for a lot of people.  So many people have family here - so I get to see them too! This was the case when the McLarens came to our house! They stayed for lunch and we had time to catch up! It was fun to see their little boy, McInnis!  He has grown up so much! I can't wait to see what their next little boy looks like! (Marielle is due in February, so we won't have long to wait!)

          Marielle and I first met when we both auditioned for the BYU harp department.  We were both blessed to be the two harpists to get into the program that year.  Our friendship grew over the next years at BYU together. One of the best parts about majoring in harp at BYU is that there was a strong feeling of camaraderie in our group.  There were usually only seven or eight of us and we, amazingly, didn't have a lot of competition between us.  I am so lucky to be friends with such amazing people! When Lance and I were married, Marielle came to Fairfield and did all of our flowers and did my hair for the wedding.  She did an incredible job! What an incredible friend!

        Now Marielle and McKay are the owners of an ice cream parlor in Payson.  It is a great vintage "Shoppe" that is about 10 minutes from my house. They now live in Texas, but because Payson is so close it means I get to see her when she's in town.   What a treat! 

Thanks for coming over Marielle and McKay!

Marielle and Marian. 

McKay reading to Jody and Marian. 

These two were being so cute together here!
Later Jody had a hard time sharing...shocker.



No comments:

Post a Comment