Wednesday, October 21, 2015

New Neighbor

February 13, 2015

While I was moving boxes into the right rooms and getting my house unpacked with my mother-in-law, one of my neighbors came to my house and brought bread. I was putting Jody down and met her a few minutes later outside.  She told me "I've been stalking you on facebook -  and we already know each other! I'm Sarah Terry!" I couldn't believe it. So here's the background to how we "know" each other.

My dad went to Berkeley with her dad, Don. Then, my parents were in the same ward as her mom, Lorie.  But her mom was not married yet.  My dad told Lorie that he had the perfect guy for him, Don Terry, but he just had to get home from his mission.  In fact, in BYC meetings at church, my dad would pull out Don's picture just to keep her interested.  When Don finished his mission he came to BYU.  My dad immediately introduced them and the rest is history.

Don and Lorie often came to California to visit family and while there they would meet up with our family.  My parents even went to Europe a few times to visit with them. The older kids in each of our families know each other but Sarah and I are both the youngest, and by the time we were old enough to remember, we weren't meeting up as much. So we know each other's names, but that was about it.  So now she lives behind me - and I can tell we are going to be great friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment